Thursday, April 2, 2009

Internet Tools - Traceroute

A new Experience is always welcomed!

Traceroute basically allows us to trace a route between one computers router (Ip address) to another.
I performed the trace from centralops.net to curtin.edu.au using the following website: http://centralops.net/co/

The list below is the results of my trace.

I found that there are 19 hops between centralops.net (70.84.211.98) to curtin.edu.au (134.7.179.56). The average ping is 235ms, the lower the ping the faster the route.

I had trouble working out what the averare ping was, because the site I was using didn't make it clear what the pings were and when doing this task for the first time just got totally confused. After checking the blackboard and seeing what others had done I managed to work out the average (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment