Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Copyright - Have you been caught?

When someone creates something and it is original there is a certain period of time in which no one can use that idea, image or name etc. This is know as Copyright as long as they register for copyright no one can copy your work without your permission.

It took me a while to confirm my first thought about copying the Curtin logo. From my findings it would be a breach of copyright to add the Curtin Universities logo to my website. This is because the logo is a symbol for Curtin University and if I had that logo on my website it would be saying that I am a part of Curtin University and that the University has given me permission to use it.

I think that copy right is a good way of making sure the people who put the effort in are acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment