Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some New Stuff!!!

Looking through the list of tools that I can download from the internet, I found that I didn't really know many of them. I have Adobe Reader, Apple Quicktime Player and Windows Media Player all of which I find handy and useful in their own special way. I don't tend to use windows media player much because I have itunes and it tends to run most things through quicktime if needed. As for Adobe, I'm honestly not sure how anyone would get by without it. The amount of documents I open daily using adobe makes me appreciate this little program immensely. Its fast, straight forward, and allows you to do pretty much exactly what it was made to do 99% of the time. Occasionally I have small issues but usually thats because of another program interfering with Adobe Reader.

As my computer is a little slow with downloads I decided only to try 2 of the tools that I thought sounded the best.

Firstly, I downloaded Copernic. The reason I download this tool was because it was free, looked fancy, sounded as though it would be really handy, and covered nearly all aspects of the computer. I was a little nervous about downloading this tool as I didn't know too much about it. However, I decided that I would give it a go as if there were major issues with it I'm sure I would have heard by now. (And yes im a bit of a black sheep at times too).
Copernic seemed to work relatively well, was a little confusing at first but as I got past the first few teething problems I found that this tool was infact much more useful then first thought. I am a little sceptic about buying a version of this as programs are forever changing and every day there seems to be something that out does the product you bought yesterday...

Second program I decided to download was Pagesucker, I chose this tool because of the entertaining name. Im sure that many others also found that they had the same reasoning. Once downloaded I couldn't get it to work because I had some issue with the Java programs. So I quickly uninstalled it.

So finally I downloaded Bookmark buddy. I thought this would be extremely helpful as I am forever having issues with book marks disappearing, now adding them to my list correctly and so on. Once downloaded I realised this didn't exactly work the way I expected it to. But not to say the least, the tool was actually worked better than imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment