Monday, May 25, 2009

Validation of My Webpage!

I decided to give this task a go as I thought to myself how can there be issues with a webpage that I have created on my own without coping or add images etc. But according to the W3C standards I have 6 errors and 4 warnings!

The 4 warnings from the
"World Wide Web Consortium" include:

Warning No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.

Warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode!

Warning No DOCTYPE found! Checking with default HTML 4.01 Transitional Document Type.

Info No Character encoding declared at document level


The 6 Errors from the " World Wide Web Consortium" include:

Error Line 1, Column 1: no document type declaration; implying ""

Error Line 3, Column 4: document type does not allow element "BR" here

Error Line 7, Column 21: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

Error Line 18, Column 41: end tag for element "B" which is not open

Error Line 19, Column 7: end tag for "FONT" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this

Info Line 5: start tag was here

Error Line 20, Column 7: end tag for element "HEAD" which is not open


So unfortunately even though my page was created from scratch it still was not valid.


No comments:

Post a Comment