Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Organising Search Information Task

My best 3 sites are:

Site 1: "History of the chocolate Easter egg"
Author: Michael Lund (2008) Atricle from The Courier Mail
URL: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23389261-5013511,00.html





Site 2: "Which came first: the bunny or the egg?"
Author: Lorna Seatter (2009)
URL: http://www.superliving.com.au/storyview.asp?storyid=1025737&sectionsource=Planning%20-%20Getting%20Ahead
Blurb: "HAVE you ever wondered why the Easter bunny carries a basket of eggs? It seems like a haywire crossing of the species. Super Living investigates the origins of the Easter bunny and the Easter egg and how the unusual combo arose." Lorna Seatter (2009)


Site 3: "Shock news for chocolate lovers!"
Author: Jill Dupleix (2009) Sydney Morning Herald, Table Talk, Entertainment Section.
URL: http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainment/tabletalk/jilldupleix/2009/04/14/shocknewsforchocolatelover.html
Summary: Jill Dupleix (2009) discusses in her article how "Joanne Harris the author of the very popular novel 'Chocolat' actually doesn't like chocolate. Jill then goes on to discuss how Australian like chocolate and how your tastes change as you get older and your choice of chocolate then tends to change."


The Software that I used when gathering and saving this information were:
1) Google
2) Print Screen
3) Paint
4) Copy and Paste

During these exercises I didn't really find anything that I felt would help me with the saving and coping of this information. I unfortunately didn't get to play around with the tools as much as I would have liked having been short for time. I felt that my usual way of copying, saving, and locating information was the best for me.
However I have found that the WWW offfers so many options that it is so hard to find the most appropriate for each task. And that if you downloaded all the great tools out there, you wouldn't have any room left on your hard drive for anything else. When searching the web and sorting through all the inappropriate sites to find what I was after I realised that this exercise is infact quite time consuming. Where as when I first read through the task I thought it would be quite simple and quick.

I still feel that Google is my search engine of choice as it is easy to use, has the most appropiate sites and offers many different formats of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment